Communication Expert (m/f/d) EU Policy and Outreach Partnership in Argentina and Brazil
- Job-ID: V000054312
- Location: Buenos Aires
- Assignment period: 08/01/2023 - 07/31/2027
- Field: Public Relation
- Type of employment: part-time
- Application deadline: 04/09/2023
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender "EU Policy and Outreach Partnership in Argentina and Brazil".
The overall objective is to build a more favourable context for EU dialogues with Argentina and Brazil in order to intensify bilateral relations and advance the EU’s policy priorities.
The specific objectives (Outcomes) of this contract are as follows:
- Enhance the knowledge and understanding, perception, attractiveness, likeability and values of the EU among target audiences in Argentina and Brazil;
- Mobilise and engage target audiences, key stakeholders and like-minded partners on a constant and long-term basis.
The Communiation Expert will be responsible for drafting and implement the communication strategy and visibility tasks.
Qualifications and skills
- A university degree in Communication, Journalism, or related field;
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills;
- Fluency in Portuguese (C1 level) and/or Spanish (C1 level);
- Proven experience in managing major social media platforms;
- Demonstrable understanding of Latin America’s media landscape and ability to shape messages and stories for media placement;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Knowledge of the EU's Communication and Visibility Guidelines is an asset;
General Professional experience
- 5 years professional experience in the field of media/public relations, journalism or/and communication;
- Proven professional experience in managing communication and dissemination tasks (writing contents, video scripts, performing interviews, creating social media contents, drafting, and publishing web content etc.);
Specific professional experience
- Participation in at least one similar professional activity, preferably EU-funded public diplomacy or technical assistance project of similar nature in scope, size, and/or contractual value would be an advantage.
The project will be implented in Brazil (Brasilia) and Argentina (Buenos Aires). The Communication Expert will be either based in Brasilia or Buenos Aires.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date is August 2023 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 48 months from this date (for a minimum of 660 working days)
Please understand that we can accept and process applications in principle only, via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some providers classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disabilities, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EuropeAid format in English.
- We are a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and work to build a future worth living around the world. We support projects in over 130 countries to achieve goals sustainably together with our partners.
- Everyone has the same opportunities in our company, regardless of gender, nationality, religion, sexual orientation or physical disability. We recruit based on specialist expertise and social skills. Transparency and fair opportunities for career advancement are just as much a matter of course for us as gender not being a barrier to taking up a management position.
- Extensive check-ups and preventive measures (e.g. on appointment, before the outward journey, during the stay in a country of assignment, in an emergency) are provided to our staff and the family members accompanying them as a matter of course.
- We reward staff who achieve their agreed annual targets with a variable remuneration component.
- You will receive various additional benefits during your stay abroad that will depend on your country of assignment.
Your professional and personal development is important to us. At GIZ, you will be offered global work opportunities and an atmosphere that is characterised by diversity, respect and genuine equal opportunities. Gender equality promotion is a matter of course for us. Our benefits are also impressive in terms of work-life balance and family friendliness. Flexible working hours that fit your life situation, comprehensive onboarding and internal health management are an integral part of our corporate culture, along with the opportunity to use childcare facilities and parent/child offices.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, social background, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
+49 6196 79-1880