Advisor (m/f/d) GET.invest – Prospect Data Platform for Energy Finance
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
- Job-ID: V000053258
- Location: Bonn
- Assignment period: 05/01/2023 - 03/31/2025
- Field: Infrastructure
- Type of employment: full- or part-time
- Application deadline: 03/30/2023
GET.invest (https://www.get-invest.eu/) is a leading programme that supports investment into private sector clean energy projects in developing countries. It is part of the European multi-donor platform GET.pro (https://www.global-energy-transformation.eu/). GET.invest has a focus on Sub-Sahara Africa, as well as activities in the Caribbean and the Pacific. The programme supports all relevant clean energy technologies and business models, assisting project developers and companies towards “bankability” and linking them with financiers. GET.invest also stimulates new partnerships and ventures by providing information about market opportunities, through (online) events, and by cooperating with industry associations. Recently, GET.invest, together with partner Access to Energy Institute launched the Prospect data platform (https://prospect.energy). Prospect is the first open-source, open-access data platform that seeks to remove data and information barriers to investment into the energy transition in developing countries, with a focus on Sub-Sahara Africa.
- Coordination and operational support to Prospect in order to realise the vision of Prospect as a leading open source data platform enabling business development, investment and policymaking / regulation of the energy sector in partner countries
- Contributions to management of Prospect and related activities, ensuring it is on track in terms of the objectives of GET.invest, the expectations of GET.invest donors, and the needs of relevant market actors
- Contributing to the continuous development, evolution, and improvement of Prospect, such as scope of services, the delivery modalities and processes, as well as the front- and back-end infrastructure
- Collaborative steering of key partners and external consultants and service providers, incl. thematic contract management, in the area of technical assistance provision to Prospect stakeholders
- Coordination and interface with other GET.invest services as well as steering of the partnerships and cooperation networks with peer programmes and financiers with many of whom GET.invest has structured cooperation in place
- Close coordination with GET.invest monitoring and evaluation of Prospect monitoring and evaluation methodologies and processes, including managing and steering consultative efforts with new and existing external partners and service providers for methodology design, quality assurance and approval; documentation and maintenance; onboarding and integration of methodologies into the Prospect
- Strategic and ad-hoc analysis of data and synthesis as well provision of quantitative and qualitative results and information to GET.invest for reporting
- Together with the GET.invest communications team, external and internal communication of the Facility and its results, as well as representation and speaking roles at events, towards donors, or through other communication channels
- At least a Bachelor degree in a relevant subject (e.g. mathematics/statistics, engineering, finance, economics, etc.)
- Several years of professional experience managing projects in the context of sustainable development cooperation
- Experience in working in sustainable energy markets in developing countries, (such as on-and off-grid electricity as well as clean cooking and/or energy efficiency), and demonstrable affinity for the role and use of data in these contexts
- Demonstrated experience procuring and managing external service providers and consultants
- Regional experience in sub-Saharan Africa and a relevant network among partners and stakeholders is an asset
- Working experience with financing institutions, development cooperation organisations and/or private sector are assets
- An interdisciplinary mindset, the ability to cooperate and work in a team, willingness to take responsibility, a proactive drive to identify challenges and find solutions, as well as strong communication, writing and presentation skills
- Business fluent in English; French and German are a strong asset; Portuguese is desirable
This position is suited to a full or a part-time position.
The willingness for frequent business trips is required.
To ensure and further strengthen GIZ's ability to deliver, the willingness to operate in changing conditions in Germany as well as abroad is of high corporate interest.
Please understand, that we can only accept and process applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
- We are a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and work to build a future worth living around the world. We support projects in over 130 countries to achieve goals sustainably together with our partners.
- Everyone has the same opportunities in our company, regardless of gender, nationality, religion, sexual orientation or physical disability. We recruit based on specialist expertise and social skills. Transparency and fair opportunities for career advancement are just as much a matter of course for us as gender not being a barrier to taking up a management position.
- Your work will begin with an onboarding and preparation phase that will give you initial insights into GIZ and lay the groundwork for your upcoming assignment, establishing new contacts and building up your network.
- We provide opportunities for taking part in training and professional development to all our staff. Our Academy for International Cooperation (AIZ) will help you develop your skills.
- Ensuring the compatibility of career, family work and care commitments is part of our corporate policy. Flexible working hours and comprehensive preparation packages for families accompanying staff abroad are two examples of the opportunities that GIZ offers its employees. Our family-friendly philosophy also includes providing support for family members in need of care.
- Flexi-time and the possibility for mobile working gives staff maximum flexibility.
- We offer you various part-time working models to give you flexibility in planning your working and home lives.
- We allow our staff to accrue working time credits in a long-term working time account. This credit can then be used to take a lengthy leave of absence.
- Our health management helps staff all over the world to maintain their health and performance levels in a variety of ways.
- Extensive check-ups and preventive measures (e.g. on appointment, before the outward journey, during the stay in a country of assignment, in an emergency) are provided to our staff and the family members accompanying them as a matter of course.
- We reward staff who achieve their agreed annual targets with a variable remuneration component.
- If your family is unable to go with you when you switch to another location, we will provide you with a separation allowance to help you cover the resulting extra costs. This will enable you to travel or to offset the costs of food or maintaining two households, for example.
- As sustainability and environmental awareness are part and parcel of our corporate philosophy, we will provide you with financial support in the form of a job ticket.
Your professional and personal development is important to us. At GIZ, you will be offered global work opportunities and an atmosphere that is characterised by diversity, respect and genuine equal opportunities. Gender equality promotion is a matter of course for us. Our benefits are also impressive in terms of work-life balance and family friendliness. Flexible working hours that fit your life situation are an integral part of our corporate culture.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, social background, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.