- Job-ID: V000049790
- Location: New Delhi
- Assignment period: 10/01/2022 - 09/30/2024
- Field: Public Health
- Type of employment: full- or part-time
- Application deadline: 08/18/2022
As part of the management team in Biodiversity Programme, Environment and Climate Change Cluster in India you will lead 8-10 technical experts in the project ‘One Health and Agroecology’ in India, and thus make a qualitative and sustainable contribution to strengthening the institutional framework for reducing risks to human, animal, and environmental health in India. The project supports the Indian Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change towards establishment of a national One Health platform with and for relevant Indian ministries and stakeholders; knowledge management and capacity on One Health and Agroecology by developing or upgrading curricula of educational and training institutions, collecting, documenting and disseminating best practices for health risk mitigation measures; and, designing and implementing human, animal and environmental health risk mitigation measures with communities in identified risk areas in two partner states.
- You will be responsible for the technical, content-related, and organisational implementation of measures of the ‘One Health and Agroecology’ project in close consultation with partners
- You will take over the preparation and implementation of the operational plans, management of budget, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the project measures
- You will manage the technical staff of the project in accordance with GIZ’s understanding of leadership and will cultivate appreciative leadership
- You will ensure open communication on the basis of sound expertise with all relevant actors in the areas of One Health and Agroecology
- You will establish a close cooperation with other projects in the environment and climate change cluster for identifying and harnessing synergies for One Health and for preparing new projects in India
- In the area of One Health and Agroecology in India, you will be responsible for professional extenal presentations of the project and portraying a results-oriented image of GIZ that inspires trust
- You will achieve an open, trusting and professional cooperation with our partners and clients
- Completed university studies in public health/communicable diseases/medicine, veterinary science, biodiversity, environmental or a comparable courses of study
- Several years of relevant professional experience, preferably gained abroad, in providing advisory services on at least one area relevant to One Health, such as, pandemic prevention and control, biodiversity and human health, animal and human health, control of antimicrobial resistance, etc.
- Strong manegerial skills and experience in the management of complex projects in international development cooperation, ideally abroad
- Experience in personnel management and in steering diverse teams
- Distinct intercultural competences in the One Health context, confident dealing with technical spcialists, high-ranking government representatives, and national and sub-national level partners
- Commitment, team spirit, reliability, diplomatic skills, gender competence and intercultural understanding
- Good diplomatic and intercultural skills and a sound awareness of gender issues
- Ability to think and act strategically and analytically and ability to grasp new concepts rapidly and prioritise key topics
- Business fluent in German and English
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in India.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
At the site of operation, the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
Willingness to travel regularly to various states in India is required.
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment - in particular also regarding COVID-19.
Interested candidates could familiarise themselves with the Biodiversity portfolio in India where the project is anchored.
We are happy to help accompanying partners discuss questions about benefits, residence permits and how to find your own job locally - feel free to get in touch with us during your application phase at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure and further strengthen GIZ's ability to deliver, the willingness to operate in changing conditions in Germany as well as abroad is of high corporate interest.
Please understand, that we can only accept and process applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
- We are a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and work to build a future worth living around the world. We support projects in over 130 countries to achieve goals sustainably together with our partners.
- Everyone has the same opportunities in our company, regardless of gender, nationality, religion, sexual orientation or physical disability. We recruit based on specialist expertise and social skills. Transparency and fair opportunities for career advancement are just as much a matter of course for us as gender not being a barrier to taking up a management position.
- Your work will begin with an onboarding and preparation phase that will give you initial insights into GIZ and lay the groundwork for your upcoming assignment, establishing new contacts and building up your network.
- We provide opportunities for taking part in training and professional development to all our staff. Our Academy for International Cooperation (AIZ) will help you develop your skills.
- Ensuring the compatibility of career, family work and care commitments is part of our corporate policy. Flexible working hours and comprehensive preparation packages for families accompanying staff abroad are two examples of the opportunities that GIZ offers its employees. Our family-friendly philosophy also includes providing support for family members in need of care.
- Flexi-time and the possibility for mobile working gives staff maximum flexibility.
- We offer you various part-time working models to give you flexibility in planning your working and home lives.
- We allow our staff to accrue working time credits in a long-term working time account. This credit can then be used to take a lengthy leave of absence.
- Extensive check-ups and preventive measures (e.g. on appointment, before the outward journey, during the stay in a country of assignment, in an emergency) are provided to our staff and the family members accompanying them as a matter of course.
- We reward staff who achieve their agreed annual targets with a variable remuneration component.
- You will receive various additional benefits during your stay abroad that will depend on your country of assignment.
- If your family is unable to go with you when you switch to another location, we will provide you with a separation allowance to help you cover the resulting extra costs. This will enable you to travel or to offset the costs of food or maintaining two households, for example.
- We have put together an extensive package of benefits for family members accompanying staff abroad, including medical check-ups, language lessons and lump-sum allowances for the outward and homeward journeys. The Academy for International Cooperation (AIZ) also offers a range of preparatory courses on local culture, history and customs and on travelling with children.
- During your assignment abroad, we will largely reimburse you for the school fees incurred for sending your children to schools providing a general education.
- In many places, you will receive a subsidy towards the rent on your place of residence. If you have not yet found suitable accommodation at the time of your outward journey, you will receive a subsidy to put towards your hotel costs.
Your professional and personal development is important to us. At GIZ, you will be offered global work opportunities and an atmosphere that is characterised by diversity, respect and genuine equal opportunities. Gender equality promotion is a matter of course for us. Our benefits are also impressive in terms of work-life balance and family friendliness. Flexible working hours that fit your life situation are an integral part of our corporate culture.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.