- Job-ID: V000048513
- Location: Pucallpa
- Assignment period: 04/01/2022 - 12/31/2023
- Field: Climate Change, Environment
- Type of employment: full-time
- Application deadline: 02/13/2022
The objective of the project “Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC) Peru” is that the Ministry of Environment coordinates efficiently and closely with public and private actors in the implementation of initiatives of mitigation and adaptation to achieve the goals of the NDC. The first component of the project aims to provide instruments to improve enabling conditions for implementing the NDC measures of sectoral ministries and regional governments in cooperation with the private sector. The Technical Committee on Forests and Climate Change has the responsibility to identify actions to improve the enabling conditions linked to adaptation and mitigation measures of the forestry sector.
- Support the regional government in the development of management instruments that integrate the climate change approach into public forest-related interventions
- Support in the articulation of the different levels of government in the development of actions for adaptation on forestry and mitigation measures
- Support capacity development of relevant actors to improve the enabling conditions for adaptation and mitigation measures
- Technical assistance to communities and organisations within the region in activities associated with processes related to adaptive capacity or reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Support in the planning of technical or strategic documents and systematisation of good practices of interventions linked to climate change that involve actors from the national, regional, civil society, cooperation and producers of the territory
- Several years of professional experience in the forest sector, prefaribly gaines abroad
- High degree of understanding of analysis of complex political and social contexts within a framework of managing adaptation and mitigation forest-related measures
- Knowledge and experience in planning and implementing interventions related to the forestry sector
- Ability to organise, conduct and systematise work meetings
- Adaptability to different academic levels and ability to work under pressure, oriented to the achievement of results
- Very good Spanish and German skills
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Peru.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment - please contact us at: email@example.com
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
- We are a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and work to build a future worth living around the world. We support projects in over 130 countries to achieve goals sustainably together with our partners.
- Your work will begin with an onboarding and preparation phase that will give you initial insights into GIZ and lay the groundwork for your upcoming assignment, establishing new contacts and building up your network.
- Extensive check-ups and preventive measures (e.g. on appointment, before the outward journey, during the stay in a country of assignment, in an emergency) are provided to our staff and the family members accompanying them as a matter of course.
- As a development worker, you can use the project vehicle for trips to school or to visit a doctor or can receive a monthly lump-sum mobility allowance instead. The project vehicle can also be used for personal trips with your manager’s approval.
- As well as your basic living allowance, as a development worker you will also receive extensive additional benefits during your assignment (including a foreign service premium, family allowances, private group health insurance).
- To enable you to get ready for your assignment as a development worker and your outward journey, you will be given outward journey leave following your preparation time in Germany.
- We will cover a large portion of the childcare costs for dependent children under 14 who are accompanying you if your partner is not doing so and is not a development worker or integrated expert themselves. Most nursery and school fees are paid.
- We will reimburse you for your rental costs based on the rent index for your country as well as paying you an equipment and furnishing allowance on top.
- You and the members of your family accompanying you will be covered by our health and liability insurance, while your family members will also benefit from accident insurance. In countries in crisis, we operate a comprehensive risk management system for your protection, which minimises personal dangers and risks.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.