- Job-ID: V000045668
- Location: Long Xuyên
- Assignment period: 04/01/2022 - 04/30/2023
- Field: Economic Development
- Type of employment: full-time
- Application deadline: 02/04/2022
The vocational College in An Giang intends to become a competence center for technical training courses and to introduce and disseminate the training courses in mechatronics and construction mechanics, based on German vocational training success factors. For this, it is necessary to further qualify the specialist teachers and College management in theory, practice and didactic, and to expand the collaboration between the College and enterprises and other vocational training institutions. An Giang Province is an industrial development zone west of Ho Chi Minh City. The position requires close coordination with other development cooperation programs in Vietnam.
- Promotion of further training for specialist teachers and management of the vocational College in An Giang and other Vietnamese vocational Colleges in the field of mechatronics and/or construction mechanics
- Development of teaching and learning materials for the implementation of practical training courses for teachers and trainees
- Promoting the digital transformation of vocational training
- Training of teachers to carry out the above-mentioned practical training courses
- Advice and implementation of cooperation with companies and in-company training phases as well as development partnerships with the industry, qualification of in-company trainers
- Advice on workshop management concepts in accordance with international occupational safety and environmental protection standards as well as the creation of specifications for the procurement of supplementary equipment
- Organization and support of the efficient use of new equipment in the training workshops
- Skilled and qualified expert, trainer, specialist practice teacher, master craftsman or engineer in the field of mechatronics or mechanics
- Pronounced intercultural and social skills
- Ability to convey specialist topics and methods well and to work with international partners in a participatory manner
- Knowledge in the field of the digital transformation of vocational training and Industry 4.0
- Good knowledge of English
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Vietnam.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment. Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office.
Further information with regard to Long Xuyen City:
- Climate: tropical
- Health care: local basic care, international standards in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
- Shopping and supply options: good
- Accessibility: good, international airport in Ho Chi Minh City
- Children, school situation and school fees, miscellaneous: Not suitable for applicants with school-age children, as there is no international school in An Giang. Vietnamese kindergarten only
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Willingness to travel on a regular basis is required.
A translator will be available.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment - please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
- We are a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and work to build a future worth living around the world. We support projects in over 130 countries to achieve goals sustainably together with our partners.
- Your work will begin with an onboarding and preparation phase that will give you initial insights into GIZ and lay the groundwork for your upcoming assignment, establishing new contacts and building up your network.
- Extensive check-ups and preventive measures (e.g. on appointment, before the outward journey, during the stay in a country of assignment, in an emergency) are provided to our staff and the family members accompanying them as a matter of course.
- As a development worker, you can use the project vehicle for trips to school or to visit a doctor or can receive a monthly lump-sum mobility allowance instead. The project vehicle can also be used for personal trips with your manager’s approval.
- As well as your basic living allowance, as a development worker you will also receive extensive additional benefits during your assignment (including a foreign service premium, family allowances, private group health insurance).
- To enable you to get ready for your assignment as a development worker and your outward journey, you will be given outward journey leave following your preparation time in Germany.
- We will cover a large portion of the childcare costs for dependent children under 14 who are accompanying you if your partner is not doing so and is not a development worker or integrated expert themselves. Most nursery and school fees are paid.
- We will reimburse you for your rental costs based on the rent index for your country as well as paying you an equipment and furnishing allowance on top.
- You and the members of your family accompanying you will be covered by our health and liability insurance, while your family members will also benefit from accident insurance. In countries in crisis, we operate a comprehensive risk management system for your protection, which minimises personal dangers and risks.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.