- Job-ID: V000047107
- Location: Phnom Penh
- Assignment period: 01/01/2022 - 02/29/2024
- Field: Peace, Security and Emergency
- Type of employment: full-time
- Application deadline: 11/03/2021
The Civil Peace Service (CPS) is a global programme working on the prevention of violence and peacebuilding in crisis and conflict regions. The CPS regional programme Southeast Asian University Partnership for Peacebuilding and Conflict Transformation (SAUP) supports three universities in Philippines, Timor-Leste and Cambodia developing curricula for peace and conflict studies. The CPS programme SAUP cooperates with the Center of Conflict Research of Philipps University in Marburg and is linked to the GIZ country offices, the CPS programme coordination is located in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- Advisory and orientation of personnel of the Sustainable Development Studies, Peacebuilding and Conflict Transformation (PCT) programme at Mindanao State University-Iligan Institute for Technology (MSU-IIT) in the implementation and further development of modules for the Masters (MA) programme with a focus on student centered learning
- Define thematic fields of intervention to support the MA peace and conflict studies in MSU-IIT and for dissemination to the wider SAUP Network
- Integration of emerging thematic fields of focus at MSU-IIT such as climate change and its link to increased risk of conflict as well as preventing violent extremism through education
- Conceptualisation and contextualisation of educational resources and curriculum for MSU-IIT and SAUP Network partners
- Knowledge transfer of MSU-IIT best practices and lessons learned into the SAUP Network
- Creating and organising online seminars for the integration of both local and regional expertise on the thematic areas of focus of MSU-IIT
- University degree in Peace and Conflict Studies, Human Rights, International Relations or Development, or any other relevant field
- Experience in curricula development and advisory or development of educational materials, trainings, seminars, etc. as well as working with academic structures, institutions and actors through teaching, research or cooperation
- Many years of practical peace work in post-conflict/conflict setting, preferably in Southeast Asia as well as experience in international project management
- Specialist knowledge and experience in one of the following thematic fields is an asset: Environmental Peacebuilding/Climate and Conflict, Preventing Violent Extremism through Education
- High level of communication and (online) facilitation skills, experience in multi-actor partnerships
- Regional knowledge and high intercultural sensitivity, respect, empathy; Experience working in a multi-religious context with a focus on Islam
- Flexibility, creativity and the ability to adapt to a very dynamic working environment with a high level of resiliency, patience with the ability in self-organization, structured and strategic thinking
- Fluency in English
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Cambodia.
The security situation requires heightened vigilance. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. The working environment is subject to special restrictions on the freedom of movement. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/de/.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Willingness to travel on a regular basis is required.
For general questions from dependent partners about on-site employment - Feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Driving licence is required.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
Please understand, that we can only accept (and process) applications via our e-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
- We are a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and work to build a future worth living around the world. We support projects in over 130 countries to achieve goals sustainably together with our partners.
- Your work will begin with an onboarding and preparation phase that will give you initial insights into GIZ and lay the groundwork for your upcoming assignment, establishing new contacts and building up your network.
- Extensive check-ups and preventive measures (e.g. on appointment, before the outward journey, during the stay in a country of assignment, in an emergency) are provided to our staff and the family members accompanying them as a matter of course.
- As a development worker, you can use the project vehicle for trips to school or to visit a doctor or can receive a monthly lump-sum mobility allowance instead. The project vehicle can also be used for personal trips with your manager’s approval.
- As well as your basic living allowance, as a development worker you will also receive extensive additional benefits during your assignment (including a foreign service premium, family allowances, private group health insurance).
- To enable you to get ready for your assignment as a development worker and your outward journey, you will be given outward journey leave following your preparation time in Germany.
- We will cover a large portion of the childcare costs for dependent children under 14 who are accompanying you if your partner is not doing so and is not a development worker or integrated expert themselves. Most nursery and school fees are paid.
- We will reimburse you for your rental costs based on the rent index for your country as well as paying you an equipment and furnishing allowance on top.
- You and the members of your family accompanying you will be covered by our health and liability insurance, while your family members will also benefit from accident insurance. In countries in crisis, we operate a comprehensive risk management system for your protection, which minimises personal dangers and risks.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.