- Job-ID: V000045853
- Location: Jakarta
- Assignment period: 10/01/2021 - 07/31/2023
- Field: Infrastructure
- Type of employment: full-time
- Application deadline: 08/10/2021
The project ‘"Emissions reduction in cities through improved waste management" has been commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. This project would respond to the problem faced by Indonesia concerning waste management and tackling greenhouse gas emission. In the world, Indonesia ranks 6th in terms of greenhouse gas emission from waste. The main reasons are the dumping of untreated organic waste in landfills, open burning of waste, poor segregation and recycling rates. The project aims to support the implementation of suitable waste management systems by improving required conditions in the national and municipal levels. The project works with 3 outputs working in municipalities/cities level and national level.
- Assist the partner cities related to issues on value chain of waste management, waste data and financing of waste management
- Advising local governments on the development and establishment of knowledge management systems
- Support the partner cities in strengthening the coordination and communication mechanisms with other relevant institutions
- Assist local governments in activities related to public outreach to improve waste management
- Cooperate and work with recyclers, recycling companies and communities on the issues related to value chain of waste management
- Support the pilot projects implementation
- Conduct public relations measures required in the partner cities
- University degree in environmental studies or any other relevant fields
- Work experience, also abroad, with government institutions or the private sector in the fields of waste management
- Working experience with organizations or local governments
- Experience related to public outreach
- Good network ability and quick grasp of new, complex contexts
- Adaptability and a good feel for working in an intercultural environment
- Fluent English skills
Under the following link you will find information about living and working in Indonesia.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment - please contact: email@example.com
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
- We are a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and work to build a future worth living around the world. We support projects in over 130 countries to achieve goals sustainably together with our partners.
- Your work will begin with an onboarding and preparation phase that will give you initial insights into GIZ and lay the groundwork for your upcoming assignment, establishing new contacts and building up your network.
- Extensive check-ups and preventive measures (e.g. on appointment, before the outward journey, during the stay in a country of assignment, in an emergency) are provided to our staff and the family members accompanying them as a matter of course.
- As a development worker, you can use the project vehicle for trips to school or to visit a doctor or can receive a monthly lump-sum mobility allowance instead. The project vehicle can also be used for personal trips with your manager’s approval.
- As well as your basic living allowance, as a development worker you will also receive extensive additional benefits during your assignment (including a foreign service premium, family allowances, private group health insurance).
- To enable you to get ready for your assignment as a development worker and your outward journey, you will be given outward journey leave following your preparation time in Germany.
- We will cover a large portion of the childcare costs for dependent children under 14 who are accompanying you if your partner is not doing so and is not a development worker or integrated expert themselves. Most nursery and school fees are paid.
- We will reimburse you for your rental costs based on the rent index for your country as well as paying you an equipment and furnishing allowance on top.
- You and the members of your family accompanying you will be covered by our health and liability insurance, while your family members will also benefit from accident insurance. In countries in crisis, we operate a comprehensive risk management system for your protection, which minimises personal dangers and risks.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).