- Job-ID: V000045580
- Location: Kigali
- Assignment period: 09/01/2021 - 12/31/2023
- Field: Strategy and Management advice
- Application deadline: 07/04/2021
The Civil Peace Service (CPS) is a programme for violence prevention and peacebuilding in crisis and conflict regions. CPS professionals provide long-term support to people on the ground in their commitment to dialogue, human rights, and peace. As a regional programme, the GIZ programme "Civil Peace Service: Peace Work and Psychosocial Support in the Great Lakes Region" aims to promote peace skills and civil society networks in the Great Lakes Region. The sought-after advisor is to advise 16 partner organisations based in Rwanda, Burundi, and Eastern Congo on issues of 1) internal organisational development and 2) sustainable capacity development. The overall goal is to sustainably anchor the peace work of the CPS regional programme.
- Coordination of the area "Capacity Development/ Organisational Development" of the CPS programme in coordination with the programme coordinator, the CPS advisors, and the partner organisations of the programme
- Conducting needs assessments with the partner organisations and planning annual training and coaching measures for all partner organisations of the programme in close cooperation with the CPS advisors
- Advising partner organisations on specific processes, e.g. organisational diagnosis, development of vision and mission, strategy advice, strengthening or building internal structures, development of process manuals
- If needed, support the programme coordinator and advisors working at programme level in improving programme processes
- Management of information relevant to the programme as well as support to the monitoring of the programme
- Implementation of cross cutting issues, such as i.e. knowledge management
- Event management (conceptual content) and networking activities
- Writing papers, presentations, and publications on the implementation of the programme
- University degree in organisational development, administrative sciences, political sciences, sociology, or other relevant fields
- At least 3 years of professional experience as an advisor in organisational development and the implementation of change or improvement processes in organisations
- Experience in organising and facilitating workshops and trainings
- Practical experience in post-conflict situations and in working with non-governmental organisations from the Global South. Practical experience in the field of peace and reconciliation is an advantage.
- Ability to work in a team, social and intercultural competence / sensitivity
- Organisational skills and flexibility
- High willingness to travel for assignments in the partner organisations in all intervention countries of the programme (Rwanda, Burundi, DR Congo)
- Business fluent in English and French; knowledge of German is an advantage
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Rwanda.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment - please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
- We are a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and work to build a future worth living around the world. We support projects in over 130 countries to achieve goals sustainably together with our partners.
- Your work will begin with an onboarding and preparation phase that will give you initial insights into GIZ and lay the groundwork for your upcoming assignment, establishing new contacts and building up your network.
- Extensive check-ups and preventive measures (e.g. on appointment, before the outward journey, during the stay in a country of assignment, in an emergency) are provided to our staff and the family members accompanying them as a matter of course.
- As a development worker, you can use the project vehicle for trips to school or to visit a doctor or can receive a monthly lump-sum mobility allowance instead. The project vehicle can also be used for personal trips with your manager’s approval.
- As well as your basic living allowance, as a development worker you will also receive extensive additional benefits during your assignment (including a foreign service premium, family allowances, private group health insurance).
- To enable you to get ready for your assignment as a development worker and your outward journey, you will be given outward journey leave following your preparation time in Germany.
- We will cover a large portion of the childcare costs for dependent children under 14 who are accompanying you if your partner is not doing so and is not a development worker or integrated expert themselves. Most nursery and school fees are paid.
- We will reimburse you for your rental costs based on the rent index for your country as well as paying you an equipment and furnishing allowance on top.
- You and the members of your family accompanying you will be covered by our health and liability insurance, while your family members will also benefit from accident insurance. In countries in crisis, we operate a comprehensive risk management system for your protection, which minimises personal dangers and risks.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).