Assignment period:02/01/2021 - 12/31/2021
Type of employment:full- or part-time
The Mozambique Energy Cluster consists of three global Programmes: (1) Energising Development (EnDev), (2) Green People’s Energy and (3) GET.pro/GET.invest. The Programmes complement each other and thus support the Mozambican energy sector with a focus on decentralised renewable energies. In particular, the cluster promotes access to energy (including energy for cooking), productive use of energy, mobilisation of investment and policy advice at the level of partner governments. Currently, only one third of the Mozambican households are connected to the electricity grid.
- Support in strategic further development of the Energy Cluster portfolio, with regards to EnDev
- Technical and sectoral further development of interventions and the monitoring activities, especially in the areas of access to energy, including solar and cooking energy, productive use of energy and rural electrification
- Management of coordination, presentation and reporting processes and liaison with the head office teams of the global Programmes that comprise the Energy Cluster
- Development, steering and implementation of a knowledge sharing strategy taking into account the different target groups within the Energy Cluster, with the Programmes of the Energy Cluster, government, private sector and external networks
- Technical support in the areas of sector policy advice, training and match making and market development (e.g. market studies, process documentation, knowledge management), operator model for mini-grids and innovative approaches to the productive use of energy
- Development of qualitative and quantitative information for external communication purposes e.g. success stories, learning experiences, articles
- Ensuring consistency and coordination with the activities and modalities of the Global Programmes in the Energy Cluster
- University degree in economics, engineering or social sciences or equivalent for the position
- Several years of experience in professional knowledge management, preferably in the field of decentralised renewable energy in developing countries, in particular for solar energy promotion, improved cookstoves as well as productive use of energy and nano, micro and mini-grids; country knowledge about Mozambique or the region are an advantage
- Several years of work experience in development cooperation in the field of renewable energies as well as several years of experience in project management, including activity and budget planning
- Experience in working with the processes and instruments of GIZ or experience in a similar organisation, as well as in managing teams of external service providers
- Extensive experience in identifying appropriate knowledge management processes, products and platforms
- Interdisciplinary thinking, ability to cooperate and work in a team, willingness to assume responsibility and pro-active behaviour
- Very good communication, writing and presentation skills
- Fluency in Portuguese or Spanish; very good knowledge of English; knowledge of German is an advantage
The GIZ offers an additional benefits package for deployments in fragile security situations.
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Mozambique.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
+49 (0) 6196 79-3200