Assignment period:02/01/2021 - 04/30/2024
Type of employment:full- or part-time
‘Capacity for Nutrition (C4N)’ is an action of the ‘Knowledge for Nutrition’ programme. Knowledge for Nutrition supports the European Commission, its partners and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development with competence and knowledge to inform nutrition-related programmes and policies through evidence-based approaches and strategies. C4N aims to strengthen capacities to enhance the knowledge base of the European Commission, EU Delegations, EU Member States and partner countries to combat all forms of malnutrition. C4N is a key component of the ‘Nutrition for Development’ programme, which underpins the implementation of the ‘Action Plan for Nutrition’. Support activities include C4N’s global support to the National Information Platforms for Nutrition (NIPN), an initiative of the European Commission, which provides support to countries for better nutrition information systems and policy dialogue.
- Support all NIPN activities related to the project implementation, provision of technical assistance, capacity development, capturing lessons learned and global outreach
- Organize and document events organized by C4N-NIPN global support, including informal meetups, workshops and conferences
- Support the coordination and communication within C4N-NIPN and programme components
- Support the compilation of technical input for knowledge dissemination products such as handouts, guidelines, presentations, briefs and infographics as well as proper project documentation
- Support the monitoring, evaluation and reporting on activities and knowledge management system of NIPN
- Assist in the overall management of the C4N-NIPN global support functions and other tasks, as needed
- University degree in relevant fields e.g. food and nutrition security, agriculture, public health or development studies
- First professional experience in project implementation, event and/or conference management
- First professional experience in covering the formulation and/or evaluation of nutrition-related policies and/or nutrition data analytic related projects, preferably in low- and middle-income countries
- Very good computer skills (MS-Office, Internet, document management systems)
- Experience with website content management systems and other communications technology (video conference calls, webinars etc.) would be an advantage
- Excellent grasp of the linkages between all forms of malnutrition and food security, the right to food and dietary quality in external aid
- Team orientation, flexibility within a rapidly changing environment and high degree of intrinsic motivation to achieve and deliver goal-oriented results on time
- Fluency in English and knowledge of French; knowledge of Spanish and/or German is an asset
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the possibility of the successful candidate to travel to Brussels, applying relevant national and GIZ rules in order to contain the worldwide spread of the COVID-19 virus.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.