- Job-ID: P1533V5369
- Location: Blantyre
- Assignment period: 07/01/2021 - 09/30/2021
- Field: Social Sectors
- Type of employment: full-time
- Application deadline: 06/16/2021
The Social Protection Programme (SPP) seeks to support the Government of Malawi to strengthen the coordination and implementation of the Malawi National Social Support Programme. GIZ SPP consists of a team working closely with Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers at national level and “hub teams” that provide technical support to the districts in the respective hubs to help implement different in thematic areas including financial inclusion, public works and watershed management, harmonized grievance and redress mechanisms, district coordination and graduation.
- Contribution to the achievement of GIZ’s log frame indicators
- Developing and documenting standard procedures to facilitate implementation of different social protection programmes
- Feeding lessons learned to the hubs and the national team
- Supporting the district in implementing new instruments such management information system, Unified Beneficiary Registry, harmonized grievance mechanism, harmonized e-payments; watershed management
- Identifying possible linkages between the programmes
- Supporting capacity building initiatives in the district
- Promoting peer-learning exchange visits between districts on different topics
- Supporting development and use of district-level planning tools such as harmonized committee
- Degree in Development Studies, Community Development, Economics, Social Sciences or Public Administration
- Experience in the area of public administration and/or social protection
- Knowledge in the areas of targeting, management information systems, watershed management and organizational development are an advantage
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Cultural sensibility to adapt to the local context, including strong ability to listen and observe
- Creativity and political sensitivity
- Driver’s license
- Fluency in English
Under the following link you will find information about living and working in Malawi.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Please note that this position is a short term position! Only candidates can be considered who had already a minimum of 1 year contract as a development worker according to the Entwicklungshelfergesetz (EhfG).
An extension of the assignment until Dec. 31, 2021, is being sought.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus
- We are a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and work to build a future worth living around the world. We support projects in over 130 countries to achieve goals sustainably together with our partners.
- Extensive check-ups and preventive measures (e.g. on appointment, before the outward journey, during the stay in a country of assignment, in an emergency) are provided to our staff and the family members accompanying them as a matter of course.
- As a development worker, you can use the project vehicle for trips to school or to visit a doctor or can receive a monthly lump-sum mobility allowance instead. The project vehicle can also be used for personal trips with your manager’s approval.
- As well as your basic living allowance, as a development worker you will also receive extensive additional benefits during your assignment (including a foreign service premium, family allowances, private group health insurance).
- We will reimburse you for your rental costs based on the rent index for your country as well as paying you an equipment and furnishing allowance on top.
- You and the members of your family accompanying you will be covered by our health and liability insurance, while your family members will also benefit from accident insurance. In countries in crisis, we operate a comprehensive risk management system for your protection, which minimises personal dangers and risks.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).