Assignment period:02/01/2021 - 05/31/2022
Type of employment:full- or part-time
The project aims to establish inclusive and cross-sectoral dialogue and participation mechanisms in which national reform proposals and future visions for the country’s economic and social transformation are developed. This contributes towards social cohesion, more constructive relations between the government and citizens, and thus to the renegotiation of the social contract, while strengthening structures, capacities and expertise for dialogue and participation. The target groups of the dialogue and participation mechanisms are decision-makers and representatives from civil society (including religious stakeholders), the private sector, policy-makers and administrators in track II as well as further potential change agents. Women and young people, as well as members of other disadvantaged population groups in Iraq, are in focus.
- Designing and operationally implementing the project’s orientation phase in close consultation with the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the country directors
- Developing a sustainable and politically realistic overall approach for the project
- Building up networks and partnerships
- Assuming overall responsibility for achieving the objectives and indicators agreed in the commission
- Developing the project’s steering structure and managing funding recipients
- Assuming responsibility for achieving objectives and managing the activities and resources necessary to do so, including risk management
- Ensuring the technical and commercial quality of service provision
- Reporting to the commissioning party and presenting the project to the public
- Extensive experience in implementing principles and approaches for social dialogues and in applying dialogue methods and approaches in the national context of Iraq
- Experience in implementing dialogues at national and local level
- A sound understanding of the concepts of dialogues, including dialogue modes, actions and practices
- Excellent management, communication and moderation skills in an Arab, inter-religious and intercultural context
- Familiarity with developing and managing networks
- A broad overall knowledge of the instruments of German development cooperation and international cooperation
- A sound knowledge of the commission management process in business with BMZ
- Fluency in English is a must, working proficiency in German is helpful, Arabic and Kurdish would be an asset
The GIZ offers an additional benefits package for deployments in fragile security situations.
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Irak.
The security situation is critically tense. It requires continuous monitoring and special security risk mitigation measures for GIZ staff. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is severely restricted. It is not possible for life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
Duty travel and missions are necessary. Staff in Baghdad live on a compound.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.