Assignment period:02/01/2021 - 09/30/2022
Type of employment:full-time
The Ghana Microfinance Institutions Network (GHAMFIN) is a network of Non-bank Financial Institution’s Associations, Microfinance Associations and Members of financial institutions engaged in the provision of financial and non-financial services. It was formerly registered in 1998 as a company limited by guarantee. GHAMFIN seeks to promote the development of the microfinance industry in Ghana. GHAMFIN’s vision is to become a unique Microfinance Network of Excellence. Its Mission is to promote an inclusive and responsible financial sector in Ghana by building the capacity of the Microfinance Association members, advocating on issues that advance microfinance policies and operations and coordinating the activities of the diverse membership.
- Support implementing GHAMFIN and GIZ partnership projects and activities
- Valuable input in the development of the Industry Database
- Technical Support in design, managing and implementing an e-learning and Knowledge hub
- Support the development of the content of tailor-made short online courses for the Microfinance Sector
- Assist the development and review of strategic documents for Industry and GHAMFIN
- Provide vital input in short- and long-term strategic and operational planning within GHAMFIN
- Identify and address organizational development issues to make GHAMFIN more effective
- Master’s degree or equivalent in any of the fields: Statistics, Social Science, Organizational Development, Computer Science, Business Administration, Banking and Finance
- Expertise in designing Monitoring and Evaluation Frameworks
- Experience in the use of e-learning tools and Curriculum Development
- Understanding of the Ghanaian Microfinance Sector and the Financial Sector in general
- Ability to train and coach teams
- Excellent Computer Skills, including data base development
- Well versed in microfinance industry trends, IT innovations etc.
- Fluent in English and German
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Ghana.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).