Assignment period:12/01/2020 - 01/31/2023
Type of employment:full- or part-time
The project Supporting the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) works with the Department of Trade and Industry of the African Union and partners, the International Trade Centre and a broad range of African actors to provide technical support for free trade negotiations in relation to the trade in goods and services, trade facilitation and customs partnerships. The project also works in the fields of industrialisation, e-commerce, value chains, special economic zones, women in trade and other topics relating to trade.
- Advising the bilateral Ghanaian partners on implementing AfCFTA, establishing the AfCFTA secretariat and dismantling obstacles to cross-border trade
- Agilely managing a team
- Developing a component agreed by the continental AfCFTA project and the Alliance for Trade Facilitation
- Providing technical, administrative and organisational support as part of the project’s advisory services
- Steering the implementation of specific trade projects in Ghana
- Planning, organising and implementing relevant events and multi-stakeholder formats on trade in services, trade in goods and investment
- Providing administrative and sectoral support for contractors and short-term experts
- Providing support with strategic orientation, planning, steering, reporting and quality assurance
- University-level qualification in economics, international economic or trade policy or a similar field of study
- Many years of professional experience in development cooperation in relation to trade
- Experience of working in the private sector and in a diplomatic and intergovernmental environment would be an advantage
- Initial management experience and several years of experience of working abroad in Africa
- Knowledge of results-based monitoring and Capacity WORKS applications
- Experience in financial management
- Many years of experience and knowledge of trade, investment policy, employment policy and private sector developmen
- Fluent in business German and English; good knowledge of French would be an advantage
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Ghana.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the COVID-19 virus.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.