Assignment period:11/01/2020 - 04/30/2021
Type of employment:full-time
The global project ‘Water and Wastewater Companies for Climate Mitigation’ (WaCCliM) cooperates with the partner countries Jordan, Mexico and Peru. The German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) supports this project as part of the International Climate Initiative (IKI). The objective of WaCCliM is to advise water and wastewater utilities on their way to carbon neutrality and improved climate resilience. By this, the water sectors in the partner countries become climate smarter. The key objectives of the programme are 1) to integrate GHG reduction technologies such as energy efficiency, water loss reduction as well as climate risk analysis into the operations of selected water and wastewater utilities; 2) to improve political and institutional framework conditions for climate protection in the water sector; and to 3) develop capacities for climate protection in the water and wastewater sector.
- Support project team in the development of a concept for eLearning for the Energy Performance and Carbon Emissions Assessment and Monitoring (ECAM) Tool
- Update and develop new training materials for face-to-face, partly virtual and online ECAM trainings
- Research background information and development of material on climate risk analysis for urban water and wastewater utilities
- Support to the internal and external communication (esp. social media accounts) of the global programme and the activities in the partner countries
- Assist project team in the preparation, implementation and recording of virtual workshops of the global project team
- Conduct research on different topics related to urban water management and climate change
- Support project progress reporting and knowledge management
- Ad hoc assignments and support to the project team
- At least a bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, development studies, information and communication sciences, or a related discipline and studying at master’s Level
- Knowledge about climate change mitigation and adaption
- Strong communication skills, highly proactive and organized, able to communicate effectively and to work in a team
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills, particularly in written and spoken English and German are required, Spanish skills would be an strong asset
- Assets would be but are not conditional prerequisites: experiences in media relations, experiences with eLearning formats, working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator/Adobe InDesign, PR, work experience in emerging economies and/or private sector companies
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.608,- (gross).
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Mr. Rued (Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).