Assignment period:06/01/2021 - 12/31/2022
Field:Forestry, Biodiversity, Oceans
Type of employment:full-time
The Forest and Environment project (Pro-FE) of the GIZ in Cameroon is active in the sector of management and sustainable exploitation of natural resources. The main objective is to improve the sustainable management of forests, protected areas, forest landscapes and biodiversity so that it contributes to sustainable development in rural areas in a context of climate change. The objective of the Pro-FE is to contribute to the valorization of the environment and forest resources in a sustainable way by local actors. The target groups are the predominantly poor rural population as well as indigenous and immigrant populations in selected natural areas who use the natural resources of the forests as a means of subsistence and economic basis. The institutional partners of the project are the Ministry of Forests and Wildlife and the Ministry of Environment, Nature Protection and Sustainable Development. Emphasis is placed on municipal actors, value chain actors and social dialogue actors.
- Supporting to the design, the implementation and the monitoring of forest management plans
- Block of activities linked to preliminary accompanying studies to the forest management, including preparation of environmental impact studies
- Assisting to the development, implementation and supervision of management inventory protocols and standards of intervention
- Supporting the organization of platforms of dialogue "comités paysans-forêt" and the implementation of socio-environmental plans
- Advising and supporting forestry and plantations, managing a nursery and forest plantations itineraries
- Master’s degree in forest management/natural resource management or equivalent degree in forestry with related adaptable skills
- Profound knowledge of IT and basic geomatic tools
- First successful experience as well as a proven interest in expatriation is required
- Work experience in forest management and silviculture projects, ideally with decentralized institutions like councils is needed
- Experience in the legal and sustainable exploitation of timber and in forestry-economy is appreciated
- Fluency in French and English
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Cameroon.
The location is Yaounde or another area of intervention.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please note that according to Federal Law development service is not a gainful employment but voluntary work. You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
+49 (0) 6196 79 3200