Assignment period:11/01/2020 - 10/31/2023
Type of employment:full-time
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services is waiting for the shortlist for the project “Municipalities for Europe 2.0).
This project aims to continue supporting the municipalities of Albania throughout the EU integration process by improving their governance capacities, the acquisition and dissemination of EU related knowledge and strengthen their ability to benefit from EU funds and programs.
The aims and goals of the first phase of the project will be continued, including the establishment and support of EU desks in all municipalities of Albania, the provision of relevant trainings (on EU policies, institutions, programmes, the EU accession process etc.), the dissemination of information on the Instrument for Pre-Accession (IPA), as well as networking and facilitation of communication on the municipal level.
In close consultation with partners and beneficiaries, the Team Leader and key experts will be responsible for the above activities. Key expert 3 will serve as communication manager in the project and will be in charge of facilitating web-communication, creating effective communication channels to various stakeholders and maintenance of relevant web-sites.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree, in ICT, or management, or EU affairs, or communication, or other relevant fields
- Professional fluency in English, good command of Albanian
General professional experience
- At least 3-year experience in at least one of the fields: on-line communication, web site design and maintenance, events management, organising campaigns and similar activities
- Experience in at least 1 project related to EU integration processes or local governance
- Experience demonstrating understanding of the socio-economic and political structure of Albania (government, public institutions, media and civil society organisations)
Specific professional experience
- Participation in at least 1 similar project (on line communication, or web networking, or events management, etc ) over the last 5 years
- Experience in at least 2 projects working with target groups and multipliers such as local governments, civil servants, civil society, media, academics, business, etc
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting
system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk
mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad.
Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EuropeAid format in English.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
+49 6196 79-2084