Assignment period:02/01/2020 - 10/15/2021
Type of employment:full-time
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is currently implementing the EU-funded project: „Sustainable Consumption and Production Facility” in Thailand and is looking to fill the position of a Sustainable Consumption and Production Expert (m/f/d) on South Asia.
The overall objective of the programme SWITCH-Asia Il is to promote sustainable growth, to contribute to the economic prosperity and poverty reduction in Asia and to support the development of a green economy and mitigation of climate change in the target countries.
The specific objective of this project is to create an enabling environment to strengthen the implementation of national SCP policies in target countries and assist stakeholders (government, grant beneficiaries, private sector, citizens and civil society) in harvesting the benefits of Sustainable Consumption and Production.
The expert on South Asia will be responsible for the activities in the region of South Asia (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka). The expert will be in charge of the activities in the above mentioned area of intervention and in charge of the non-key experts in the region, acting as team leader for specific areas, especially being responsible for quality control. On the request from the Contracting Authority, some travel missions will be required to the partner countries.
Qualifications and Skills
- The expert must hold a Master's Degree (or equivalent) in Environment, Natural Resources Management or Environmental Economics;
- English at level I for reading, writing and speaking.
- At least level 2 knowledge of other local languages of the geographical scope is considered an asset.
General Professional experience
- At least 10 years' professional experience on Environment, Natural ResourcesSpecific professional experience The expert must possess management skills demonstrated by experience in leading at least 1 international project of at least 1 year in South Asia on Environment, Natural Resources Management or Environmental Economics or directly relevant field;
- 5 years' professional experience in South-Asia on Environment, Natural Resources Management or Environmental Economics or directly relevant field;
- Management or Environmental Economics, or directly relevant field;
- Experience in at least I project of policy negotiation/capacity building on Environment, Natural Resources Management or Environmental Economics or directly relevant field of minimum 1 year in South Asia.
- Having given trainings, authored articles, research papers on topics related to Environment/Natural Resources Management or Environmental Economics will be considered an asset.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
+49 6196 79-3039