Assignment period:07/01/2021 - 06/30/2023
Field:Information and Communication Technology
Type of employment:full-time
Do you want to help to reduce the digital divide in Asia and Latin America and thus actively shape the digital transformation at local level? Do you want to support local people, as in Brazil, on the use of digital platforms for the documentation and visualisation of their traditional territories, support the introduction and implementation of digital accounting systems in Laos or develop social media campaigns to raise awareness of labour rights for workers in the textile sector in Cambodia? Then you are right with us! The Digital Ambassadors Initiative aims to contribute to an inclusive digital transformation and to safeguard democratic processes as well as civil rights through digitalization. Through their digital expertise, Digital Ambassadors contribute to fostering the skills of local organisations and marginalised population groups on the ground. Digital Ambassadors are therefore the intermediaries between the digital world, digital ecosystems and local realities. They are drivers for innovation and the implementation of scalable digital technologies, e.g. to connect rural and urban areas, to give people access to information, to create transparency, and to develop new opportunities for marginalized population groups.
- The tasks of the Digital Ambassadors are derived from the concrete needs on site
- The tasks can be in the areas of teaching basic digital skills, the development of easily accessible digital information channels, data protection / cybersecurity, digital identity management, vocational training with a digital focus, Industry 4.0 and/or cooperation with the local digital economy
- Deployments may also relate to the challenge of finding innovative solutions for Internet access where broadband is not available or for those who do not have a smartphone with a data flat rate
- Digital Ambassadors often work in a team with complementary skills and always with local partners with whom they collaborate to design and develop solutions
- University degree or professional qualification related to digital transformation (social sciences, political science, economics, social work, education, media, ICT, engineering or equivalent)
- Affinity to the field of digital transformation, combined with initial practical work experience (if necessary, also in the context of qualified internships during studies).
- Proven IT/ICT knowledge and experience and understanding regarding IT developments and IT/ICT projects
- knowledge to promote digital literacy and guidance approaches to information and communication technologies
- Interest in cooperation/interface management and process design
- experience abroad and work in cross cultural contexts (Asia or Latin America would be advantageous)
- Sensitivity to or experience with equality between men and women
- Ability to work in a team and networking skills combined with the talent to think conceptually and analytically
- Structured work style with a high degree of self-organisation, flexibility and creativity
- Strong communication, presentation and moderation skills
- Very good English (for the assignments in Asia) and Spanish (for the assignments in Latin America), knowledge of German is an advantage
- This position is also suitable as a gap-year
In general, the security situation is stable. The guidelines for GIZ security measures must be followed at all times. Please also read the country-specific information from the Federal Foreign Office.
Location: Capital and provincial cities Asia and Latin America
Deployment duration : 12-24 months (plus 1 month preparation)
Earliest start: 01.07.2021
Application deadline: ongoing
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).