Assignment period:02/01/2020 - 05/31/2022
Type of employment:full-time
In the framework of the programme "Sanitation for Millions" GIZ intends to act as executing agency for the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) under the Project for Climate Resilient Water (CREW+). The project contributes to improving wastewater management in the wider Caribbean under four components: Policy advice; Small scale solutions; Financing Instruments; Knowledge Management
- Advise partner governments on various topics such as systemic wastewater management policies, linking water resources management, regulation and enforcement of wastewater treatment, polluter pays principle, link to technical solutions and financing instruments
- Support partner governments towards transformational change in the water sector
- Assure implementation of the measures planned in the component
- Assure monitoring and evaluation acitivties in the component
- Coordinate reporting on CREW+ and to GIZ
- University degree (Master, Diplom) in a relevant discipline
- Many yeears of professional experience (minimum 5 years desirable) in integrated water resource management
- Proven track record in policy advice
- Sound knowledge of regulation principles and financing instruments
- Experience in wastewater management and sanitation
- Experience in working with development banks is an asset
- Fluency in Spanish and English, command of German is a Plus
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
+49 6196 79 3200