Assignment period:07/01/2019 - 03/31/2022
Type of employment:full- or part-time
The Green Innovation Centres for the Agriculture and Food Sector (GIAE) Global Programme is part of the One World – No Hunger Initiative funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Its objective is to improve the productivity and income of small farming businesses and to promote employment. The aim is to support innovation processes in Cameroon within the selected value chains (poultry, potatoes and cocoa) through cooperation with organisations that provide services in initial and continuing training and applied research. Particular focus is now to be placed on the following aspects: a) creating structures to identify innovations, b) creating structures for developing the skills of relevant actors in selected value chains, c ) creating structures for disseminating innovations and d) broad-based use of innovations by the target groups.
- Ensuring the quality of outputs and results in implementation and coordination of activities by technical advisors in the three value chains (cocoa, traditional poultry-keeping, potatoes and cocoa), as well as developing sustainable concepts for initial and continuing training
- Drawing up and monitoring subsidy agreements for international and national implementing organisations and ensuring that cross-cutting themes and core modules are integrated in all the value chains receiving support
- Building links with local agriculture organisations, non-state structures and actors from the private sector and partner organisations
- Advising sector associations and relevant actors on developing and integrating agricultural innovations and on initial and continuing training in agriculture
- Supporting planning and management roles and reporting
- Participating in and organising integrated North-South exchange formats and cross-border working groups and ensuring synergies with other technical cooperation projects
- Representing the programme in donors’ thematic working groups and within German development cooperation
- Leading a team of national personnel
- Degree-level qualification in agricultural science, agricultural economics or business studies or a vocational training qualification in agriculture or another relevant discipline
- Substantial professional experience in international cooperation in rural areas and demonstrable practical experience in an innovation-oriented agricultural role
- Management skills and experience of leadership in a relevant discipline
- Experience in the areas of renewable energy, animal health and organic farming
- Very good knowledge of information and communications software and project management tools
- A high level of analytical skill and the ability to explain technical measures clearly
- Intercultural and political flair, diplomacy, confidence and organisational skills, resilience and flexibility
- Business fluency in French and fluent in English and/or German
You can information about living and working in Cameroon by clicking this link.
Applicants must be prepared to undertake regular regional and international business trips.
GIZ operates worldwide. As a GIZ employee you are available for international assignment and willing to pass on your expertise.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
+49 (0) 6196 79 3200