Assignment period:11/01/2019 - 10/31/2022
Field:Strategy and Management advice
Type of employment:full-time
Rwanda Cycling Federation (FERWACY) is a national non-governmental organization in Rwanda with national interest, having legal personality pursuant to the national law in force. FERWACY has the mandate to direct, develop, regulate, control and discipline cycling in Rwandan and to promote cycling at all levels. Since 2008, FERWACY organizes the Tour du Rwanda, which is the most popular sport event in Rwanda and among the top 3 of the international cycling races on the African continent. Furthermore, FERWACY runs the Africa Rising Cycling Centre in Musanze, which aims to become the hub for African cycling growth, including cycling tourism.It is the agreed objective to support FERWACY in establishing its role as a national promoter and service provider for cycling tourism in Rwanda.
- Support the partner organization in establishing a new department for tourism in FERWACY, including strategy development, cooperation structures as well as resource management and acquisition
- Enable the staff of the new department in performing their roles and responsibilities
- Support of the partner organization in developing and managing a market-based portfolio of cycling tourism products in collaboration with other actors
- Knowledge transfer of FERWACY on adopting and promoting cycling tourism related quality standards and certificates
- Assist FERWACY in the development and implementation of a communication strategy to internationally market Destination Kivu Lake through Tour du Rwanda
- Closely cooperate with the responsible colleagues of the new tourism department in Musanze
- Profile of the professional International experience in cycling tourism
- Advanced knowledge in organizational development, project management and marketing
- Excellent communication competencies and experience cooperation networks
- Coaching and moderation skillsSound knowledge about cycling Tourism quality standards
- Desirable capabilities/experiencesExperience in working with sports federations
- Knowledge of methods of systematic organizational consulting
- Fluent in English, French skills are an advantage
The position is based in Musanze, the touristic hub of Rwanda. Kigali. The city is located around 2 hours away from the capital Kigali and has all-year mild climate with temperatures between 15°C and 25°C and two rain seasons between March and May and between October and November. Musanze has good living conditions offering a variety of touristic attractions, international restaurants and sport facilities. The security situation is excellent allowing walks outside alone at night in most parts of town. Basic health care facilities and hospitals are available in Musanze; however, for specialised treatment a flight to Nairobi, South Africa or Europe might be necessary. English and French international primary and secondary schools as well as universities are only available in Kigali. Kinyarwanda is the national language, but English and French are widely spoken.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union. Moreover incoming applications will be considered after their date of receipt
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).