Assignment period:09/01/2019 - 11/15/2020
Type of employment:full- or part-time
The International Sustainable Chemistry Collaborative Centre (ISC3) is a new international institution set up by GIZ, which develops and promotes Sustainable Chemistry solutions worldwide. The ISC3 initiates and supports innovations and entrepreneurs in the field of Sustainable Chemistry to contribute to the urgent societal challenges. Starting from R&D projects, the ISC3 Global Start-up Service catalyses tech transfer from science to industry and to the developing countries along the entire innovation chain and offers a wide range of services including online library, pitch events, networking forums, coaching and trainings. Furthermore, the ISC3 provides access both to venture capital and international markets through its worldwide network of partners.
- Jointly work with the ISC3 Innovation Hub Team to implement and further develop the new ISC3 Global Start-Up Service Programme (GSSP), develop and follow-up on ideas to further extend the services
- Support tech and start-up scouting activities and initiation of partnerships with start-ups, co-organize workshops with start-ups and further partners
- Constantly screen possible strategic partners and reach out to qualified service providers in the fields of international entrepreneurship promotion and VC, support preparation of contracts and partnerships and project manage selected new collaboration initiatives
- Support conceptual development of the new planned Venture Capital (VC) Funds for Sustainable Chemistry: map possibilities and draft concept papers for institutional VC investors and angels
- Support in structuring a portfolio with deal flow for SC investments, support in creating standardized processes from sourcing to closing, including assessment of new business models or solutions and preparation of due diligence for new investments
- Organize workshops, meetings and pitch-materials for investors
- Support set up of the VC Funds and articulate cooperation processes with partners on the Funds
- Master/MBA in the field of Entrepreneurship, Innovation and/or Technology Management, Patent Engineering or comparable degree program
- Strong technical background in natural science or engineering
- Sound theoretical knowledge, business development skills and practical experience in the areas of company formation, start-ups, acceleration/incubation and venture capital
- Preferably longstanding professional experience in the field of private sector development, technology and innovation management; experience in support activities of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- At least several years’ relevant project management experience, ideally in developing or transformation countries
- Knowledge and interest in the topics Sustainable and Green Chemistry, clean technologies and circular/green economy
- Intercultural mindset and interest in interdisciplinary work
- Very good MS Office knowledge and comfortable with digital tools and online platforms (planning, office…)
- Fluent spoken and written English and German; Chinese, French or Spanish are a plus
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
+49 6196 79 3200