Assignment period:09/01/2019 - 03/31/2022
Type of employment:full- or part-time
More than 800 million people are still suffering from hunger. Therefore, the programme “Green Innovation Centres" was started within the framework of the special initiative "ONE WORLD without hunger". The project targets to increase income of smallholders, employment rates and to improve regional food supply in rural regions by implementing innovations in agriculture. For this purpose potato, tomato and apple based value chains were selected for support in various districts. The dissemination of innovations within and along value chains is supplemented by the cooperation with private companies and organizations that provide services such as training and further education, applied research, and technologies.
- Development of a sustainable and innovative approach and strategy to promote apple value chains, which includes management of nurseries, orchards, inputs, storage, marketing and branding and the corresponding advisory services
- Development of competences of employees and partners of farmers' organizations, the private sector, research and government institutions
- Preparation and moderation of stakeholder dialogues and negotiation processes between relevant actors in the apple value chains
- Development and promotion of sustainable advisory services for the production systems
- Promotion and qualification of business oriented producer groups at different levels
- Technical preparation and supervision of consultants
- Impact monitoring in close coordination with the responsible M+E specialist of the project
- Active participation in knowledge management, effective presentation of the activities and results of the program in the public as well as in events with other relevant actors at the national and international level.
- Completed university degree in Horticulture with focus on apple or fruit cultivation
- Several years of experience in fruit cultivation, in particular apple production
- First experiences in consulting/advising on the development of modern apple production systems
- Proven experience in the development of change processes and the moderation of multi-stakeholder dialogues
- Several years of experience in project management is of advantage
- High sensitivity in dealing with actors from politics, economy and administration connected with the ability to bring together different actors to assess and bundle their interests and to establish appropriate networks
- Experience in international cooperation in the area of agriculture and rural development is of advantage
- Intercultural ability to act simultaneously sensitive and goal-oriented in the policy environment
The climate in Shimla is very hot in May and June. The shopping and supply possibilities on the spot are very good. The medical care is good, there are several private clinics. A German and numerous international schools (including American, British, French) are available locally. Kindergartens are available at the site. At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.