Assignment period:09/01/2019 - 11/15/2020
Type of employment:full- or part-time
The International Sustainable Chemistry Collaborative Centre (ISC3) is a new international institution, hosted by GIZ, which develops and promotes Sustainable Chemistry solutions worldwide. The ISC3 initiates and supports education, innovation and transformation to contribute to the urgent societal challenges. Therefore, ISC3 has established a Research & Education Hub at the Leuphana University of Lüneburg along with an International School of Sustainable Chemistry - we strive to roll out the curriculum to further education sites worldwide. Be part of it and establish the international network of partners and hubs to strengthen the international education and innovation co-operations on Sustainable Chemistry.
- Evaluate existing academic network and infrastructure for deepening cooperations
- Support scouting activities and initiation of partnerships with lecturers and institutions worldwide
- Work out joint international programs for establishing international school at further locations
- Jointly work with the ISC3 Research & Education Hub Team to implement and further develop the project of the new ISC3 International School of Sustainable Chemistry
- Support preparation of contracts and partnerships and project manage selected new collaboration initiatives
- Support conceptual development of business models of the International School - map possibilities and draft concept papers
- Support in creating standardized processes from sourcing to closing
- Support organization workshops, summer schools and other training and promotional events
- Master / MBA in the field of Education Management or comparable degree program or scientific degree with sound knowledge in education management
- Sound business development skills and practical experience in the areas of higher education
- Several years of relevant project management experience, ideally including developing or transformation countries
- Preferably, initial professional experience in the field of teaching
- Personal interest in sustainable development. Initial knowledge in sustainable chemistry, clean technologies and circular economy
- intercultural mindset and interest in interdisciplinary work
- Very good MS Office knowledge and comfortable with digital tools and online platforms
- Creativity and enjoyment of high-tech, industrial topics, chemistry and life-sciences
- Strong communicative skills, confident demeanour and comfortable with team-work in a fast-paced environment
- Pronounced organizational talent and high analytical competence
- Fluent spoken and written English and German. Chinese, French or Spanish are a plus
The willingness for regularly business trips is expected. GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This position can generally be filled in part-time 80%.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.