Assignment period:09/01/2018 - 08/31/2020
Field:Forestry, Biodiversity, Oceans
Type of employment:full-time
As a regional project „Sustainable Land Use and Climate Protection in ASEAN (CSLU)” will be assisting the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) to strengthen its coordinating role in contributing to global and national climate policy processes in the area of climate-friendly and resilient land use in agriculture and forestry. The job includes mainly three areas of activities: To improve the coordinating role synergies between agriculture and forestry as part of land use will be created and enhanced and their importance for climate protection and adaptation to climate change will be highlighted. Furthermore, ASEAN should be encouraged in playing a mediating role between international and national processes of climate policy and synergies between ASEAN sectoral working groups dealing with climate change issues should be strengthened.
- Responsibility for the implementation and thus overall responsibility for the achievement of the objectives and indicators of the projects, incl. the personnel and budget responsibility by purposeful and efficient use of budget resources
- Content, technical and budgetary control of the project
- Coordination of advisory services to partners in he ASEAN Secretariat, as well as in relevant ASEAN sectoral bodies
- Supervision and disciplinary leadership of regional and national staff
- Ensuring commercial and content quality control of the project
- Coordination and control of national, regional and international consulting services as well as quality assurance of the work results
- Coordination with other donors and - in cooperation with the Cluster Coordinator - with the German Embassy
- Implementation of the company policy
- University degree in Environmental or Political Science, Environmental Governance or equivalent
- Several years of professional experience in development cooperation directly related to international climate policy, expertise in climate change and application of these in international climate projects
- Intensive knowledge of Southeast Asia, best with regional organizations or in multi-country projects, strong intercultural competence in the ASEAN context
- Several years of experience in policy advice at regional and national level, as well as support for consultation and coordination processes at various levels of government
- Several years of experience in project management (responsibility for the commission or a component of a large-scale programme), in-depth knowledge of GIZ's internal tools and procedures
- Good conceptual and analytical skills as well as strong communication, teamwork, social, and organizational skills, flexibility
- Experience in supervision and disciplinary leadership responsibilities for project teams
- Fluent English skills are required, fluency in German is desired, good knowledge of ASEAN languages is an advantage
Information on Duty station:
- Medical care on an international level is available in Jakarta
- There is a tropical climate with year-round temperatures around 30 degrees Celsius
- German / English / International schools are available
The willingness to regular business trips to the ASEAN Member States is required.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.