Assignment period:06/01/2018 - 11/15/2020
Type of employment:full- or part-time
The International Sustainable Chemistry Collaborative Centre (ISC3) is a new international organisation that GIZ is setting up on behalf of the German Government. The aim of ISC3 is to help foster the global breakthrough of sustainable chemistry as a concept and make a substantial contribution towards overcoming the challenges faced in the area of chemical safety and management. In so doing, it should play a key role in implementing the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). ISC3 will therefore function as a catalyst and meeting place for the international community, an international knowledge platform, a global think tank, and also a driving force and multiplier for innovations in sustainable chemistry. ISC3 is located in Bonn. Its working language is English, while its administrative language is German.
- Designing, planning, organising, implementing and following up all events held by the International Sustainable Chemistry Collaborative Centre, such as international conferences, scientific conferences in Germany and abroad, workshops on specific issues, side events at conventions and conferences held by the UN and other international organisations, summer schools, webinars, cooperation exchanges, training events specifically for representatives from developing countries and emerging economies, exhibitions and trade fair presentations
- Assisting with ISC3 planning and, in particular, annual planning in the area of events
- Developing and optimising the various event concepts, observing the relevant event scene in Germany and abroad
- Developing and maintaining an events calendar for the ISC3 homepage
- Developing a pool of speakers
- Marketing events and acquiring participants, collaborating with professional event service providers, consulting and involving international partners, ministries and organisations
- Managing and documenting costs for ISC3 events within the framework of prescribed budgets
- You have a university-level degree, preferably in the area of event management or business studies with a focus on marketing/communication
- You have several years of practical experience in organising and designing events, for example at an agency, association or international organisation; experience of international events and major conferences would be an advantage
- You have an affinity for issues relating to chemistry, sustainability and/or the environment; knowledge of the chemical industry would be an advantage
- You have a high level of personal responsibility and are able to work independently
- You are an excellent communicator and have highly developed team skills
- You are highly resilient and work efficiently even in time-critical situations
- You are flexible in terms of time and are willing to travel
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and a good command of German
- You have a sound knowledge of the standard IT tools and experience of using event management software
You must be prepared to travel internationally.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.