Assignment period:07/01/2018 - 06/30/2021
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU funded project “Support to Coordination of EU funded interventions in Borno State" in Nigeria.
The overall objective of the new (11th EDF) EU Support for Response, Recovery and Resilience in Borno State (total amount of EUR 143 million) is as follows: "Building the resilience of conflict affected people and public sector institutions in Borno State in an environment-friendly way".
The purposes are as follows:
- To provide project management support to the EU Delegation in Abuja ensuring a coordinated and efficient implementation, monitoring and evaluation of EU funded actions in Borno State.
- To provide overall technical advice and support to Borno State Government, in particular the Borno State Ministry of Reconstruction Rehabilitation and Resettlement (Triple R Ministry), contributing to a better coordinated, targeted, managed and monitored response to the crisis.
- To participate in local coordination with humanitarian and development partners and State and Federal authorities and to liaise with all actors directly or indirectly involved in EU funded actions in Borno State, including EU Trust Fund actions.
Qualification and skills
- The candidate is required, at a minimum, to have a university degree or equivalent qualification relevant to the scope of work of this contract; certified training in monitoring and evaluation is an advantage.
- Demonstrated/documented experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite or comparable software for word processing, spread sheet, presentation tools, etc. is required. Demonstrated/documented experience with data processing software such as SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Scientists) would be a distinct advantage.
General professional experience
- At least 3 years' experience in humanitarian-development issues.
- Demonstrated/documented knowledge of monitoring and application of methodology: capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities.
- Demonstrated/documented experience in analysing data and the use of statistical software in such analyses is required.
- Documented/documented evidence of ability to affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal change is an advantage.
- Demonstrated/documented experience in the Hausa-speaking Northern Nigeria would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated/documented experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports is an advantage.
- Demonstrated/documented experience in training and facilitation skills are preferred.
Specific professional experience
- Three (3) years practical knowledge of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) is required.
- Demonstrated/documented experience in managing implementation of M&E systems is required.
- At least 3 years of experience in the implementation of M&E/MIS (Management Information Systems) in development projects implemented by national/international organisations/Government is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years' relevant work experience in an English-speaking environment in the last ten (10) years is required if English is not the mother tongue.
- Fluency (speak, read) in Hausa is required, while fluency in Kanuri would be considered an advantage.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement.
To enable us to assess your existing skills and qualifications as part of our internal selection procedure, please complete the questionnaire on your competencies when you apply online.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
+49 6196 79-3191