Assignment period:10/01/2019 - 03/31/2023
Type of employment:full-time
The project, "Climate Protection through Sustainable Bioenergy Markets" within the framework of the International Climate Initiative (IKI) supports Vietnam's efforts for enhanced climate protection by promoting the increased energetic utilization of biomass waste for power and heat production. This requires investment decisions for biomass energy plants. Thus, and in order to establish a sustainable market for adequate investments with qualified suppliers, quality-conscious purchasing parties, effective authorities and sufficient capital access, the project strengthens the capacities and competencies of Vietnamese stakeholders in the fields of project development, permitting and licensing, as well as financing and technology cooperation.
- Advisory to political partners, public institutions and authorities at provincial level
- Advisory services to private market stakeholders and research institutions
- Conceptualization and implementation of different project approaches
- Development of terms of references for individual consultants, as well as the selection and guidance of former
- Conceptualization and implementation of B-2-B events between Vietnamese and international companies and associations
- Network development (national and international) and support, as well as participation in internal and external events
- Documentation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation as well as work in public relations processes
- Support of the Energy Cluster in its further development, project acquisition and related processes
- Completed university studies in economics, engineering or political science or comparable degree programs
- Several years of professional experience in development cooperation in the context of renewable energies and good understanding of the relevant business models
- Ideally, already existing contacts to the bioenergy sector established
- Proven track record in project management experience in domestic and international markets
- High sensitivity in dealing with political, economic and administrative stakeholders, combined with the ability to assess various stakeholders, bundle their interests and establish corresponding networks
- Intercultural ability to be sensitive in the development policy environment while at the same time working goal-oriented
- Interest in assuming responsibilities and working in a team
- Mastery language skills in English (C2); German and Vietnamese skills are an advantage
- Climate: Hanoi is subtropical with a winter season (temperatures can drop to 10 degrees during the day) from December to March
- Healthcare: Medical care is available for less severe treatments. Medical care with European standards is available in Bangkok
- Supply and shopping facilities: The shopping and supply options are good
- Accessibility: A good connection to Germany exists through a direct flight to Frankfurt as well as numerous other connections with a stopover
- Children: International (English and French) kindergartens and schools are available in Hanoi. However, a transition to the European higher education system is not always seamless
- School situation and school fees: School fees according to GIZ guidelines
- Miscellaneous: The particulate matter pollution in Hanoi exceeds the permitted limit in Europe many times. During the selection procedure and the medical recruitment examination, you will be informed about appropriate protective and behavioral measures
It may be possible to bring the contract start date forward.
The willingness to travel is required.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
+ 49 (0) 6196 79 - 3200