- Job-ID: V000050571
- Location: Bonn
- Assignment period: 11/01/2022 - 12/31/2023
- Field: Infrastructure
- Type of employment: full- or part-time
- Application deadline: 08/28/2022
GIZ runs the Project Development Programme (PDP) as part of the German Energy Solutions Initiative on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action. PDP assists German companies that are seeking to enter the market in emerging economies and developing countries. By pre-developing specific, financially viable energy projects using renewable energy for local companies, the programme supports German businesses in overcoming identified challenges and fosters partnerships between German and local companies. Programme activities currently focus on 18 countries in South and South-East Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East. (More information about PDP is available here).
- Verification and evaluation of renewable energy projects (i.a. using cash flow models) in emerging economies and developing countries
- Advisory and training for the entire PDP team on finance questions of renewable energy projects with a focus on industrial customers
- Advisory for investors, banks and technology suppliers on financing renewable energy projects in developing and emerging countries
- Verification of business opportunities and risks as well as optimisation possibilities from an economic point of view
- Mobilisation of German companies to participate in and cooperate with PDP or the German Energy Solutions Initiative
- Strategy development, planning and implementation of PDP project development activities and services in the field of finance
- Responsibility for the implementation of PDP activities in one of the partner countries and a successful realisation of reference projects
- Responsibility for event management, monitoring and knowledge management with focus on finance topics
- University-level degree in engineering, economics, business administration or another relevant subject
- Profound professional experience, preferably gained abroad, in the evaluation of renewable energy projects including profitability calculations and cash flow models expertise
- Many years of experience in climate and renewable finance
- Experience in the development of renewable energy projects (ideally in developing and emerging countries for industrial customers)
- Expertise in processing and writing up specialist content and an ability to familiarise yourself with new subject matter swiftly
- Excellent self-organisation
- Loyal, reliable and a highly motivated team player
- Business fluent in English; German and/or French skills are an advantage
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
The willingness for frequent business trips is required.
In order to fulfill the company's objectives, the willingness of employees for assignments at all GIZ locations in Germany and abroad is of high corporate interest.
Please understand, that we can only accept and process applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
- We are a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and work to build a future worth living around the world. We support projects in over 130 countries to achieve goals sustainably together with our partners.
- Everyone has the same opportunities in our company, regardless of gender, nationality, religion, sexual orientation or physical disability. We recruit based on specialist expertise and social skills. Transparency and fair opportunities for career advancement are just as much a matter of course for us as gender not being a barrier to taking up a management position.
- Your work will begin with an onboarding and preparation phase that will give you initial insights into GIZ and lay the groundwork for your upcoming assignment, establishing new contacts and building up your network.
- We provide opportunities for taking part in training and professional development to all our staff. Our Academy for International Cooperation (AIZ) will help you develop your skills.
- Ensuring the compatibility of career, family work and care commitments is part of our corporate policy. Flexible working hours and comprehensive preparation packages for families accompanying staff abroad are two examples of the opportunities that GIZ offers its employees. Our family-friendly philosophy also includes providing support for family members in need of care.
- Flexi-time and the possibility for mobile working gives staff maximum flexibility.
- We offer you various part-time working models to give you flexibility in planning your working and home lives.
- We allow our staff to accrue working time credits in a long-term working time account. This credit can then be used to take a lengthy leave of absence.
- Our health management helps staff all over the world to maintain their health and performance levels in a variety of ways.
- Extensive check-ups and preventive measures (e.g. on appointment, before the outward journey, during the stay in a country of assignment, in an emergency) are provided to our staff and the family members accompanying them as a matter of course.
- We reward staff who achieve their agreed annual targets with a variable remuneration component.
- If your family is unable to go with you when you switch to another location, we will provide you with a separation allowance to help you cover the resulting extra costs. This will enable you to travel or to offset the costs of food or maintaining two households, for example.
- As sustainability and environmental awareness are part and parcel of our corporate philosophy, we will provide you with financial support in the form of a job ticket.
Your professional and personal development is important to us. At GIZ, you will be offered global work opportunities and an atmosphere that is characterised by diversity, respect and genuine equal opportunities. Gender equality promotion is a matter of course for us. Our benefits are also impressive in terms of work-life balance and family friendliness. Flexible working hours that fit your life situation are an integral part of our corporate culture.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.